(Fremont County, WY) – County 10 is looking back over 2020 and reflecting on what a year it was. It’s easy to only remember all the negative things that have come with COVID, but looking back it’s heartening to see how much Fremont County came together.
You’ve likely seen our #Activate10 series which has the following mission:
“Our community is large and wildly diverse, which is at the same time our strength and our weakness. #Activate10 is a movement seeking to increase communication between individuals and organizations across Fremont County and to promote positive action in our communities.”
Below are some of the posts from just March showing this transition to navigating the unknown.
- #Activate10: Schools offering free meals for students during closures
- #Activate10: Local schools providing meals to students during closures
- #Activate10: Over 100 indoor activities for kiddos
- #Activate10: Fort Washakie School staff prepare breakfast and lunch delivery to students
- #Activate10: Lunch doodles with Mo Willems; 1:00pm book reading with children’s author Mac Barnett
- #Activate10: Lookin’ ahead at week two
- #Activate10: Two new food pantries set up in Lander for those in need
- #Activate10: Lander Community Foundation creates “COVID-19 Relief Fund”
- #Activate10: Your chance to send a thank you note to Fremont County EMS
- #Activate10: ‘Community Drive for Healthcare Workers’ happening in Lander
- #Activate: The Oxbow in Lander offering curbside; many locals get creative to serve community needs
- #Activate10: Grassroots volunteers provide support on the Wind River Reservation
- #Activate10: Workers displaced by COVID-19 have a new resource to find jobs
- #Activate10: We are all in this together
- #Activate10: Bears sighted all over Fremont County!
- #Activate10: Riverton groups organize to launch ConnectRiverton website to help those in need
- #Activate10: Lander Subway donating sandwiches to local first responders, those who serve the elderly
- #Activate10: ConnectRiverton Fund calling for donations to help those struggling; matching funds available
- #Activate10: Victory Gardens 2020!
- #Activate10: A few days left to cover a laid off Lander hospitality worker’s meal
- #Activate10: Spread the positivity throughout Fremont County!
- #Activate10: Lander & Riverton Chambers partner with 105.1 Jack FM to promote local businesses
ICYMI: Here are the #Activate10 posts from early on in 2020.
Stay tuned as we continue to reflect on 2020 and share posts from the year.