(Pinedale, WY) – This week the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office has become the first Law Enforcement agency in Wyoming to join Neighbors.
The Neighbors app enables users in our community to share and discuss crime and safety issues specific to your neighborhood (up to 5-mile radius from your home).
The SCSO will use this new feature to connect with residents in a new way as part of our effort to reach all audiences in our community.
Key features of the app include:
● Stay Informed: Millions of residents in communities across the U.S. have joined
Neighbors and use it to receive real-time, hyper-local safety updates from fellow
neighbors and the public safety agencies that serve them.
● Share Safety Updates: Share safety-related updates with your community by
creating a new post or commenting on existing posts in your local Neighbors feed.
● Customize Your Experience: Select your neighborhood area of interest and adjust your settings to see only
the types of updates you wish to receive and how often you
would like to receive them.
● Helpful Safety Services: In some neighborhoods, public safety agencies use
Neighbors to connect with residents and share hyper-local safety updates in the
communities they serve. Visit Ring’s Active Agency Map to see if your local public
safety agency is on Neighbors.
● User Privacy & Control: When using Neighbors, police and other public safety
agencies can only view what residents have posted publicly to Neighbors or what
they have shared in response to a video request. Police and other public safety
agencies do not have access to users’ Ring devices, live streams or personal
information when using Neighbors.
You do not need to own a Ring device or any home security system in order to participate on Neighbors.