The Fremont County Commissioners met on January 5th for their regular meeting which had a packed agenda for the first of the new year.
The Commissioners’ office has released the following news report from this meeting. You can also find additional meeting news in our previous post here.
- TRAVIS BECKER AND LARRY ALLEN WERE BOTH RE-ELECTED AS CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD, RESPECTIVELY, FOR 2021.
- OFFICIAL DEPOSITORIES FOR FREMONT COUNTY GOVERNMENT FOR 2021 WERE DESIGNATED AS: DUBOIS: WELLS FARGO BANK OF WYOMING AND BANK OF JACKSON HOLE; LANDER: CENTRAL BANK AND TRUST, BANK OF THE WEST, WYOMING COMMUNITY BANK AND FIRST INTERSTATE BANK; RIVERTON: FIRST INTERSTATE BANK, BANK OF THE WEST, WELLS FARGO BANK OF WYOMING, US BANK, WYOMING COMMUNITY BANK AND CENTRAL BANK AND TRUST; AND FORT WASHAKIE: CENTRAL BANK AND TRUST.
- THE BOARD DESIGNATED THE RIVERTON RANGER AND LANDER JOURNAL AS THE OFFICIAL COUNTY NEWSPAPERS FOR FREMONT COUNTY GOVERNMENT FOR 2021 WITH THE REMAINING NEWSPAPERS WITHIN THE COUNTY TO BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
- CERTIFIED RESOLUTION NO. 2021-01 WAS APPROVED AUTHORIZING COUNTY TREASURER JAMES A. ANDERSON AND DEPUTY TO OBLIGATE THE COUNTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PURCHASE, SALE, TRANSFER AND EXCHANGE OF U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCY SECURITIES.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-02 WAS APPROVED ALLOWING WYOMING DOWNS LLC TO CONDUCT PARI-MUTUEL WAGERING ON LIVE HORSE RACING, HISTORIC HORSE RACING AND SIMULCAST EVENTS IN FREMONT COUNTY, WYOMING.
- RESOLUTION NO. 2021-03 WAS APPROVED AUTHORIZING THE RELEASE OF MONIES PRIOR TO EACH COUNTY PAYROLL DISTRIBUTION VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT.
- THE TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF A RETAIL LIQUOR LICENSE WAS APPROVED FROM POVERTY HILL NORTH LLC TO LAVA MOUNTAIN LODGE LLC.
- RIO STAFFORD AND KIP POST WERE APPOINTED TO FOUR YEAR TERMS ON THE WEED AND PEST CONTROL DISTRICT BOARD FOR THE AT-LARGE AND RIVERTON DISTRICTS, RESPECTIVELY.