(Lander, WY) – The Fremont County Commissioners met on Tuesday, May 11th, for their regular meeting.
The meeting included the retirement of County Coroner Mark Stratmoen, as well as a 25 years of service award presentation for County Commissioner/Clerk Administrative Secretary Becky Enos.
The Commissioners’ office has released the following news report from this meeting:
1. A CONTRACT BETWEEN WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION AND FREMONT COUNTY WAS APPROVED FOR THE PUBLIC HEALTH PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE UNIT PROGRAM.
2. A CATERING PERMIT WAS APPROVED FOR THE WYOMING CATHOLIC COLLEGE FOR A FUNERAL ON MAY 15, 2021.
3. A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING AMONG WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE, FREMONT COUNTY AND FREMONT COUNTY ASSESSOR WAS APPROVED, CONCERNING ADMINISTRATION OF ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE FOR THE COMPUTER ASSISTED MASS APPRAISAL (CAMA) SYSTEM.
4. THE BOARD ACCEPTED THE RETIREMENT AND SUBSEQUENT RESIGNATION LETTER FROM FREMONT COUNTY CORONER MARK STRATMOEN, EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2021. ON THAT DATE, THE REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE WILL BE NOTIFIED TO BEGIN THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS FOR FILLING THE VACANCY.
5. THE BOARD APPROVED A NOTICE OF AWARD FOR 71 CONSTRUCTION FOR THE 8-MILE ROAD TRANSVERSE RUMBLE STRIP PROJECT IN THE AMOUNT OF $17,680.41.
6. PAVILLION SOUTH SUBDIVISION WAS APPROVED, A ONE LOT SIMPLE SUBDIVISION LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 2.5 MILES SOUTH OF THE TOWN OF PAVILLION AND ¼ MILE SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF MISSOURI VALLEY ROAD AND HIGHWAY 133.
7. THE BOARD APPROVED BEGINNING THE 45-DAY COMMENT PERIOD FOR CHANGES TO THE SIMPLE SUBDIVISION REGULATIONS, WITH A PUBLIC HEARING SET FOR JULY 6, 2021.
8. DRUG FREE COMMUNITIES GRANT ATTACHMENTS WERE APPROVED: MOU FOR LEGAL ENTITY; APPLICANT ASSURANCE AND ASSURANCE OF 10-YEAR FUNDING LIMIT.