(Lander, WY) – The Lander City Council convened for a regular meeting on Tuesday, September 14th, in the City Hall Council Chambers.
Meeting highlights included a public discussion and approval of a bar and liquor license for the End Zone Bar and Grill, as well as new appointments to the Housing Authority and LIFT boards.
Janeira Hart and Bob Spengler were appointed to the Housing Authority Board after the announcement and acceptance of Margaret Appleby’s resignation. Appleby, who has volunteered her service to the Housing Authority Board for 29 years, will be honored and celebrated by the Board for her service.
Lonnie Bull and Mary Greene were also appointed as Alternates to the LIFT Board.
During the Council comments section of the meeting, Council Member John Larsen recognized the success of both the Lander Brewfest and the Lander Young Professionals meetings.
Larsen was also acknowledged by Mayor Monte Richardson for his help in facilitating the use of the Lander rodeo grounds as an Incident Command Site for the Sand Creek Fire.
It was also announced by Lander Police Chief Scott Peters that the new Code Enforcement Officer position will be filled Shawn McRae, and he will start his patrol in the near future.
In addition to the Third Reading and approval of Ordinance 2021-4 (vacating 3 parcels in Capital Hill Addition, adjacent to 315 Wyoming Street), the following agenda items were all also approved during the meeting:
- Approve bar and grill license for Endzone Food and Beverage, LLC, d/b/a Endzone Bar & Grill
- Authorize Mayor to sign Spyglass Snapshot Audit Agreement
- Accept Margaret Appleby resignation from the Housing Authority Board
- Appoint Janeira Hart and Bob Spengler to the Housing Authority Board
- Appoint Lonnie Bull and Mary Greene as Alternates to the LIFT Board
- Authorize mayor to sign HDR design and construction engineering agreement for Gannet Peak Safe Routes not to exceed $115,633.11
- Authorize Mayor to sign HDR FEMA relocation and acquisition study contract for $104,785.00
- Authorize Mayor to sign the MOU with Fremont County for Hillcrest Street multimodal study in the amount of $2,612.50
- Authorize Mayor to sign AIP 3-56-0016-020-2021 for $336,544 to Relocate Taxiway A East end
- Authorize Mayor to sign ARPA FAA grant application for $59,000 for operating funds