JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Grants Management
REPORTS TO: Grants Management Director
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
OPEN DATE: January 24, 2022
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position provides direct service in-office support activities in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Individuals in this position do not have budgetary or supervisory responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits routine correspondence, grants, reports, tables, and records.
- Processes and reviews routine paperwork and/or enters data into a department logs or database.
- Assists with department data system, including filing, scanning, retrieving, and archiving documents, researching files, etc.
- Maintains report and submissions calendar for the Grants Manager
- Makes calls and arrangements as requested by Grants Manager
- With appropriate information, responds to requests for information; This may involve research or agency specialized knowledge.
- Processes and distributes appropriate materials.
- Maintains reference manuals/materials.
- May be required to guide others in an agency specific process.
- Reviews and verifies data.
- Responsible for assisting in the review, research and development of material and documents when directed to do so by the Grants Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
- Education: High School Diploma or Associates Degree PLUS
- Experience: 2 years of progressive work experience in similar office assistance work
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
- of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- of word processing, spreadsheet, and email programs
- of assembling, sorting, and distributing documents
- of reviewing and editing documents for accuracy and completeness
- of methods used to tactfully deal with community and programs
- of telephone etiquette and coordinating telephone conferencing
- of preparation of records, reports, and correspondence
- of agency and grants management department policies and procedures
- of agency goals and vision
- of the cultures and traditions of the People of the Wind River Indian Reservation
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
Fillable online applications and download applications are also available at windriver.care and can be emailed to [email protected]. For any questions, please contact Susan Apodaca at 307-851-5100.
Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position for which you want to be considered. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug, and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.