(Lander, WY) – The Lander City Council convened for a special meeting and work session on Tuesday, November 30th, where Resolution 1226 was passed, concerning the application submission to the Wyoming Business Council and Business Ready Community Grant and Loan Program, for the Lander Table Mountain Living Community Infrastructure Project.
The Table Mountain Living Community is Lander’s City owned healthcare facility that will have 36 assisted living beds, 14 of which will be memory care beds, and will also create 20 to 30 new jobs in the community.
The facility aims to “Provide the greater Lander Community a continuum of care by offering a variety of housing options, and supporting Independence while assisting with care.”
“It’s a need for the community,” stated Council Member Missy White, adding “It will be a tremendous source of new jobs for the town.
The estimated total cost of the facility is projected at $11 million, which would include construction, contingencies, and one year operating costs.
The $987,895 grant was moved to be approved by Council Member Stuble and seconded by Council Member Hahn, before passing unanimously.
“This grant is not for the structure itself, but specifically to make the lot shovel ready to accommodate that structure,” Lander Assistant Mayor RaJean Strube Fossen commented about the grant, which will pay for facility infrastructure such as sewer, water, and gas power.
The facility design and construction is set to begin in June courtesy of ERDMAN, with The Creeks Memory Support Residences partnering to manage, and the Lander Housing Authority acting as the managing agency.
The following agenda items were also approved at the meeting:
– Resolution 1225 – Allowing Fireworks during Light Up Lander Event on December 4, 2021
– Appoint Tom Russel to the Lander Planning Commission (Catherine “Tess” Carlson was also set to be appointed, but dropped her name from consideration due to an upcoming move)
– Authorize Mayor to sign MOU with Wyoming State Parks for Sinks Canyon leased lands
– Authorize Mayor to sign Construction Contract with Groathouse Construction for
the Maven Headquarters building NTE $6,100.000
– Authorize Mayor to sign Airport Rescue Grant Agreement for $59,000.00
– Authorize Mayor to sign Change Order 2 from Patrick Construction for Bank
Restoration & Utility Crossing Project in the amount of $15,120.00
To view the meeting in its entirety, click here.