The Wyoming Health Department is waiving fees for older citizens in an effort to provide digital classes on improving physical health, digital literacy, vocational training.
The GetSetUp program link is provided here and has 2000 interactive classes on a variety of different subjects.
Online classes include:
- Digital Divide – Learn how to use digital devices and access critical digital services (e.g., Zoom, Gmail, smartphones, online health, etc.)
- Physical Health – Classes include healthy cooking, and evidence-based classes such as TaiChi, QiGong, and line dancing.
- Mental Health Classes – Classes available on dementia, caring for loved ones with dementia, stress reduction and even chair meditation.
- Social Health – These are interest groups hosted by fellow community members with topics ranging from gardening to travel to pets.
- Vocational Health- Help for older adults to re-skill and re-enter the workforce with classes such as PowerPoint, Word, LinkedIn profiles, and how to build websites.
To waive the fee while booking your online classes the coupon code is “Wyoming”.