In continued collaboration with the Wyoming Arts Council, the WYOmericana Caravan Tour announces its 7th-anniversary tour. Wyoming-based musicians may now submit to be a part of the 2021 tour. The deadline to apply online is March 9th, at 7 pm MST.
The tour will encompass roughly 4-8 shows through the Rocky Mountain Region during the window of October 7th – November 14th, 2021 (date range and number of performances subject to change).
Selected musical acts will perform individual sets—with the addition of ad-libbed, cross-band collaborations—followed by an extended encore that includes all members of the tour on stage simultaneously, taking chances and blending talents. The camaraderie that grows between the musicians is cultivated through stage moments and roadside attractions.
Interested musicians and bands may apply here through March 9th.
The guidelines for interested acts are as follows:
- Act should be based in Wyoming
- Be prepared to perform 40-60 minute sets of predominantly original material
- Be open to collaborating with other musicians on the tour
- Be open to performing during a collaborative encore set
- Must have reliable transportation
- Acts must engage in collective marketing of the tour via social media, email blasts, etc.
- Workshops/demonstrations will be conducted in select markets for additional pay. Preference will be given to those who possess a willingness to instruct and/or participate in demonstrations and interactions with community members.
- Selected Acts will receive a stipend for performances and for some travel expenses
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com
- Submissions close on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 7 p.m. MST
- Applying acts will be notified by Tuesday, March 23, 2021