Under general supervision, obtains pertinent demographic and insurance information from outpatients, schedules outpatient tests as ordered by physicians, provides information to patients regarding preparation for tests, prepares outpatient documents, provides financial counseling, and pre-registers accounts in preparation for patient arrival. In addition, assists with admitting, switchboard, and other tasks as directed by manager.
Reports to: Patient Financial Services Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Accurate typing skills and basic experience with computers.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend accurately and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Ability to perform math calculations accurately: percentage rates, discounts, and payments.
- Must possess high quality, positive interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with a moderate level of noise and interruptions.
- Ability to discuss financial matters in detail over the phone and spending long periods of time on the telephone, speaking to people.
To apply, click here.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.