(Evanston, WY) – The Riverton High School (RHS) Speech and Debate team took first place overall once again at the Evanston Speed of the Devil competition.
Students placed in the following events:
- Kylar Bennett took 3rd in Congressional Debate, while Ayana Mejorado was 5th in Congressional Debate. Tegan Long advanced to semi finals in Congressional Debate.
- Cross Examination Debate saw a tie for 3rd between the teams of Kylar Bennett & Hunter McOmie and Gabe Person & Nate Davis.
- Riverton swept the top four spots in Humorous Interpretation with Cody Heard in 4th, Carolyn Thornton 3rd, Shanyn Kreitzer in 2nd and Sam Houtman taking 1st. Riley Walker also advanced to the semifinals in Humor.
- Duo Interpretation also had Riverton claiming the top four honors: Maya McGlaughlin & Noah Smith claimed 4th place, Lilian Archer & Cody Heard took 3rd place, Shannyn Kreitzer & Cody Heard claimed 2nd place while Ashtin Griffin & Sam Houtman earned first place.
- Kylie Downey got 6th place in Dramatic Interpretation, while Cody Heard got 4th, Aidrianna Potter came in 3rd and Shannyn Kreitzer earned 1st place.
- Kaia Tippetts claimed 2nd place and Shannyn Kreitzer got 1st in Impromptu Speaking.
- Kaia Tippetts also took 3rd in Program Oral Interpretation and Carolyn Thornton took 2nd.
- Lilly Archer advanced to the semifinals for Poetic Interpretation.
This coming Saturday, the team travels to Casper to try to continue their impressive season.
The above information was provided to County 10 by the RHS Speech and Debate Team.