“Insurance. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I’ve got it and that’s all that matters.”
Wrong! The insurance marketplace is ever-evolving; prices go up (or go down), benefits fluctuate, and even your needs change from year to year.
Diligently reviewing your finances and protections on an annual basis is wise. Here are 4 reasons why it pays to review your insurance this time of year:
- Things change. This is likely one of the most important reasons to review your policy. Things like adding a new driver, maybe you invested some $$’s into a home remodel, or had a change of address. Keeping your account up to date can ensure you have proper coverage and/or aren’t being overcharged for things you no longer own.
- Save money or discover new features. Policies change often which can unlock new benefits for the policyholder. For example, acknowledging your 3-year clean driving record could save you 10% on your car insurance.
- Savings Tip #1 – Make sure you shop for insurance at least 10 days in advance of when you’re going to need it
- Savings Tip #2 – Take advantage of paperless options and electronic billing.
- Savings Tip #3 – Clients of Smartt Insurance get some extra perks – As an independent agency, Smartt has access to a huge array of products and more than 10 top national insurance brands to choose from. This means they may be able to get you a better deal or find you a plan that’s better suited for your needs.
- Premium increases. Talking with your insurance agent can ensure price increases don’t sneak up on you. You’ll have time to review your policy and make any necessary changes if needed.
- Touch base with your agent. Relationships are important at Smartt Insurance. Getting to know their customers gives them a competitive advantage in finding you the best deal available. “We’re the easy button,” Eric, Owner of Smartt Insurance, says. “‘Insurance made simple’ is how we think of ourselves.”
How’s your policy panning out? Contact Smartt Insurance today to review your policy and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible, with the best coverage available.
*Remember: Smartt has access to more than 10 top national insurance brands, not just one!