Four Fremont County residents are being accused of breaking into an East Monroe house and assaulting the occupants inside.

On March 19th at 3:53 a.m. the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office dispatched deputies to a house in the 1500 block of East Monroe in Riverton.

On arrival Sheriff’s noted that the screen door to the interior of the residence appeared to be damaged and was held on by two of the three hinges.

They were greeted by a man who appeared to be bleeding from his nose and mouth according to court documents. The man also had cuts on his left forearm and welts near his right eye and lower lip. The homeowner told Sheriff’s that four people had entered his home and assaulted him and two others, a male and a female.

He told Sheriff’s that he was woken in the night by the sound of a loud knocking on his front door. He explained to authorities that because of the late hour, he did not answer the door. He then heard the sound of what he believed was someone trying to “break down” his front door and got out of bed. As he exited his bedroom, he told authorities that someone was running down the hall of his house toward him. He advised that all four suspects began assaulting him, hitting him with fists, rocks, a glass bottle, an 18-inch long board, and a grocery-style can of skimmed milk.

Another man inside the house told Sheriff’s that he was sleeping on a couch when he observed a subject that he was familiar with entering the household and the man began striking him in the head with, “possibly a rock.”

The men confirmed that a woman inside the house was also struck and kicked by the attackers. There was a fourth person in the house, but according to documents was able to avoid the confrontation.

Court documents have identified the four attackers as 38-year-old Samuel Whiteplume, 31-year-old Guy Soundingsides, 27-year-old Troy Fasthorse, and 25-year-old Kym Fasthorse.

Each of the four are charged with 1 count of “Conspiracy to Commit Unlawful Entry Into an Occupied Structure.” Each count is punishable by up to 10 years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000.

Soundingsides and Whiteplume have both waived their initial hearings so far. Their cases will be transferred to District Court for arraignment at a later date.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.