You could qualify for up to $3,360 a year in financial aid through Wyoming Works
What is Wyoming Works?
The primary purpose of Wyoming Works is to provide programs and resources for adult students to learn a skill and secure employment. The program makes available individual grants for students enrolling in approved programs at a Wyoming community college.
Below is a list of Wyoming Works Programs at Central Wyoming College:
- Accounting Career, AAS **
- Accounting – Bookkeeping, Cert I **
- Administrative Assistant, AAS **
- Certified Nursing Assistant (NRST-1500 Nursing Assistant course leads to CNA certification)**
- Computer Science, AS **
- Computer Technology, AAS *
- Culinary Arts, AAS **
- Culinary Arts, Cert I **
- Electrical Apprenticeship, Cert II **
- Hotel and Restaurant Management, AAS *
- Human Services – Addiction Option, AAS **
- Human Services – General Option, AAS **
- New Media, AAS **
- Software Support Specialist, AAS **
*Wyoming Works Standard Grant Eligible – $840 per semester
**Wyoming Works Critical Grant Eligible – $1,680 per semester
Learn more about each program here.
Who is eligible?
To see if you qualify, visit https://www.cwc.edu/wyomingworks
How to apply?
- APPLY FOR FREE HERE
- Fill out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
- Apply for Wyoming Works at www.cwc.edu/wyomingworks
For additional information call Financial Aid at 855-2115
The Wyoming Works program is a result of the Wyoming Education Attainment Council Executive Committee’s efforts to provide programs and resources for adult students to learn a skill that leads to secure employment.
According to the Council’s press release, programs that qualify under Wyoming Works are those which meet labor and economic development needs and may be for-credit or non-credit. Many existing programs will qualify and new programs will be developed.