Wyoming primary election absentee voting is now open


The Wyoming Secretary of State’s Office says absentee voting is now open for the August primary election.

Wyoming allows any registered Wyoming voter the ability to request and then cast an absentee ballot through their county clerk either by mail or in-person at a county clerk’s office.

Absentee voting for the Aug. 21 primary began on Friday and continues until Aug. 20.

Requests for absentee ballots may be made to a county clerk’s office by phone, email, fax or in person. Additionally, several counties will open absentee polling places that will remain open until the day before Election Day.

The Fremont County Clerk’s office website has outlined the details about voting absentee:

Can anyone vote Absentee?

  • Yes, as long as you are currently a registered voter in Fremont County you may apply for an absentee ballot at any time during a calendar year in which the election is held, but NOT on Election Day.
  • Link to: Absentee Ballot Application
  • 40 days before an election, a voter can obtain an absentee ballot in person in the Fremont County Clerk’s Election Office.
  • Absentee ballots must be received by the Fremont County Clerk’s Election Office NO later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.  Absentee ballots can be returned in person or by mail.

If you are currently a registered voter in Fremont County and will be unable to vote on Election Day, you may complete the Absentee Ballot Application and either email or mail the completed form to the Fremont County Election office. Please make sure that you provide us with a daytime phone number and/or email address so if we are unable to mail you a ballot we can contact you immediately.

  • Email the form to [email protected] or..
  • Mail it to Fremont County Clerk’s Election Office, 450 N. 2nd St., Rm 220, Lander WY 82520 or..
  • Call our office at (307) 332-1088 or (307) 332-1089.
  • Please make sure you have all the information necessary as when you call in we must complete an application for you.

If you are not currently a registered voter in Fremont County please see “Register by Mail” and also send in an Absentee Ballot Application with your registration form.

If you are in the military or an overseas civilian and wish to complete a Federal Post Card Application for temporary registration and voting please go to the Federal Voting Assistance Program http://www.fvap.gov/index.html. This link will provide you with further information and voting help for Uniformed Service Members, their families and Citizens living outside of the United States.