WYDOT- Hiring a Driver License Field Examiner II – Riverton
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Driver License Field Examiner II located in Riverton, Wyoming. The mission of Driver Services is to provide an efficient drivers license and identification system to promote and enhance public safety on all roadways. Excellent people skills are a must in this exciting, fast-paced environment!
Salary $17.09 – $21.36 Hourly
Location Riverton, WY
Job Type Full Time
Department 045-WYDOT-Support Services – Driver Services
Job Number 08805
Open Until Filled
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Issues all types of driver licenses, handicap placards, gun permits and identification cards.
- Checks and verifies applicants driving records on state and national computer information systems.
- Administers computer assisted, written, vision and skills tests to applicants for the purpose of obtaining a driver’s license.
- Collects fees and accounts for transactions performed and monies received.
- Produces written documentation to customers including the person affected and courts.
- Maintains confidentiality in review of personal information to determine eligibility for driver’s license.
- Deciphers legal documents.
- Accounts for funds received as payments for fees by making or preparing daily deposits.
- Operates signature and photo capture devices.
- Performs vehicle inspections prior to driving skills testing.
- Accurately enters, processes, tracks, and reviews biological/demographic data.
- Screens applicant’s physical, mental and visual abilities to safely operate motor vehicles per state and federal law.
- Processes data related to driver’s license and driver record information.
- Provides quality customer services and/or technical assistance to the public, driver license examiners, department personnel and other agencies regarding the driver licensing process.
- Monitors motor vehicle accidents regarding proof of insurance issues and suspension proceedings.
- Shares information concerning driver’s license or driver record data with law enforcement, courts, the public and the department.
- Researches and communicates information concerning driver’s license or driver record data with law enforcement, courts, the public and the department and other states ensuring that data is interpreted and entered correctly.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in construction office administration.
- Knowledge of examiner procedural manual, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal policies and procedures, as well as state statutes.
- Knowledge of the Driver License Information System.
- Knowledge of detecting fraudulent documents.
Associate’s Degree (typically in Business)
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in business).
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.