Job Title: Community Engagement Manager
Open Date: Immediate
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Riverton, Wyoming
The Wind River Visitors Council (WRVC) Community Engagement Manager is based in Riverton, Wyoming for the purpose of executing initiatives defined by the Board of Directors, Executive Director and Marketing Manager specific to digital and social marketing, media and influencer servicing and the enhancement of visitor and local business relations and operational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as an ambassador for all visitor-related services and the strategic executor of any pre-determined initiatives established by the Marketing Manager.
• Promote destination highlights to stakeholders, ensure adequate inventory of display materials and ensure awareness of seasonal events and tourism showcases.
• Represents the WRVC to local committees/organizations, and acts as the liaison for interested community partners.
• Work with local businesses and partners to help to promote events and packages in the community.
• Assist the Marketing Manager with establishing and maintaining an industry-leading social media presence through scheduled content, moderation and engagement and curation for cross-channel promotion as a means of generating website conversion traffic.
• Assist the Marketing Manager in keeping the website’s community pages up-to-date.
• Collaborate with local stakeholders, special interest groups, community coalitions and event managers as it pertains to the seasonal and annual promotions of destination features.
• This position requires extensive county-wide and Wind River Indian Reservation travel to meet with partners, event managers, Chambers, community visitor centers and other frontline organizations. The candidate will build and maintain working relationships and be a liaison between the community and the Wind River Visitors Council.
• The candidate will train and educate frontline workers to share and promote the Wind River Visitors Council’s mission and the tourism resources in the community.
The candidate will be passionate about Fremont County and the world-class tourism features in Wind River Country, be an ambassador of the WRVC’s values and mission and possess the following qualities:
• Previous experience with a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) or Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) or relevant customer/visitor service management capacity is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Tourism, English, Hospitality Management or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated social media experience pursuant to Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Creator Studio, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and relevant content aggregator platforms.
• Website CRM and graphic software experience pursuant to WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite products preferred.
• Proficiency in software and web-based applications, content curation and image/graphics file indexing.
• Demonstrated ability to build excitement in the community for destination highlights, features and events.
• Content management as it pertains to partnership portals, event updates, newsletters and outbound communications.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working with community members, local businesses and partners to build and maintain working relationships.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Requires working in an office area with considerable traffic, frequent interruptions and noise from telephones, voices and office machines. Physical activities include climbing stairs, driving, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, sitting, lifting (up to 40 pounds) and bending. Considerable repetitive motion of hands and wrists as relates to the use of computer keyboards is possible.
The candidate must be based in Fremont County or on the Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming, and have the ability to commute around Fremont County and the Wind River Indian Reservation.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range | $40,000 to $45,000 (DOE)
Benefits Package | TBD
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 8.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. WRVC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status or status as a U.S. Veteran.