Title: Marketing & Visitor Engagement Manager
Open Date: Immediate
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location: Lander, Wyoming
The Wind River Visitors Council (WRVC) is currently seeking a Marketing & Visitor Engagement Manager based in our Lander, Wyoming office for the purpose of executing the initiatives defined by the Board of Commissioners and Executive Director specific to digital and social marketing, in-market group, media and influencer servicing, and the enhancement of visitor relations and operational standards. The ideal candidate will possess the core requisites to perform these functions –– including, but not limited to:
- Act as the primary front-line ambassador for all visitor-related services and the strategic executor of any pre-determined initiatives established by the Executive Director.
- Engage in the daily interaction and promote destination highlights with area visitors, ensure adequate inventory of display materials, and ensure awareness of seasonal events and tourism showcases.
- Co-develop the annual Strategic Destination Marketing Plan and Year in Review reports in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Provide leadership for future ambassadors by assisting with the recruitment, management, training/development, and retention of community-specific and county-wide coalitions.
- Establish an industry-leading social media presence through scheduled content, moderation and engagement, and curation for cross-channel promotion as a means of generating website conversion traffic.
- Collaborate with Board Members, local stakeholders, special interest groups, community coalitions, and event managers as it pertains to the seasonal and annual promotions of destination features.
- Administrate Wyoming Office of Tourism co-op and destination-specific programs, and act as liaison with WOT personnel when applicable.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Fremont County and the world-class tourism features in Wind River Country, be an ambassador of the WRVC’s values and mission, and possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience with a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) or Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) or relevant customer/visitor service management capacity is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Tourism, Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated social media experience pursuant to Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Creator Studio, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and relevant content aggregator platforms.
- Website CRM and graphic software experience pursuant to WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite products preferred.
- Proficiency in software and web-based applications, content curation, and image/graphics file indexing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating Wind River Country destination highlights and features.
- Content management as it pertains to partnership portals, event updates, newsletters, and outbound communications.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range | ~$50,000 (DOE)
Benefits Package | TBD
The candidate must be based in Fremont County, Wyoming, and able to commute to the Lander office five days per week. Must be able to focus in an open workspace. Position requires hearing, talking, sitting, standing, walking stairs, lifting 25 lbs. or more. In-county, in-state, and domestic travel may be required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18, 2020.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. WRVC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, or status as a U.S. Veteran.