JOB TITLE: Security Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY: As Budgeted
JOB TYPE: Permanent/Full-Time/Exempt
OPEN DATE: February 28, 2022
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Direct activities of the Security Department to ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors, physicians, employees, and company assists.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates the WRFCHC Customer Service Values, which are key in providing quality service to patients and customers.
- Determines personnel, material, equipment, and facilities needed to accomplish program goals and to streamline operational systems to improve service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the selection, orientation, evaluation, and discipline of department staff. Monitors the performance and provides leadership and coaching.
- Participates with the CEO to define department specific goals and objectives. Interprets and directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals and objectives, policies/procedures, and standards.
- Reviews and approves programs for the training and professional development of staff.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining compliance on any standards required by WRFCHC and other regulatory agencies regarding the Security Management Program.
- Obtains and reviews detailed reports of all incidents involving security and keeps administration apprised of any security trends and corrective action plans as scheduled.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations on all occurrences within the clinic.
- Responsible for ensuring department personnel comply with operating objectives and quality principles.
- Maintains records for department and prepares statistical data.
- Monitors and maintains the department budget, controls cost and maintains equipment and environment.
- Supports and actively participates in programs to ensure continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Responds to emergency situations as they occur within the clinical sites.
- Develops, monitors, and ensures application of other department policy and procedures.
- Acts as liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies in matters affecting WRFCHC.
- Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the Security department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or ten (10) years’ equivalent experience in security, law enforcement, or military with five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid driver license and be able to meet insurance standards; maintain insurability under WRFCHCs insurance program.
- Must be able to obtain Basic Life Support within 60 days of hire.
- Proficient computer skills in utilizing a variety of applications including Microsoft word.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
- Working knowledge of administrative and departmental policy and procedures.
- Excellent communication skill, alertness, and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to quickly make sound business decisions and resolve conflicts
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize in order of importance
- Must maintain physical health to effectively deal with stressful and potentially hazardous emergency situations.
- Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
- Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing, sit, bend and reach.
- Must be able to lift approximately 100 pounds.
- May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
- May be called out to work off-shift in emergency situations.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
Fillable online applications and download applications are also available at windriver.care and can be emailed to [email protected].
For any questions, please contact Susan Apodaca at 307-851-5100.
Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position for which you want to be considered. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug, and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.