JOB TITLE: Medical Technologist
REPORTS TO: Laboratory/Radiology Director
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Rotating shifts and locations
OPEN DATE: December 13, 2021
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position is the foundation of the laboratory department and provides valuable diagnostic information to providers about the metabolic condition of their patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, processes, and handles blood and/or other biological specimens according to established procedures; instructs patients in the proper collection of samples.
- Performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in the areas of hematology, microbiology, immunology, clinical chemistry, and urinalysis, as assigned; conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, stool, and other samples.
- Draws blood from patients that are referred to the Laboratory.
- Performs quality control on test results, ensuring validity and accuracy.
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and instruments to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Keeps records and reports on results according to established procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field.
- Currently registered with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, (ASCP), MLS, AMT, HEW, or CLS. If new graduate, must obtain within 60 days of hire.
- One year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
- Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
Fillable online applications and downloadable applications are also available at windriver.care and can be emailed to [email protected]. For any questions, please contact Susan Apodaca at 307-851-5100.
Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position in which you want to be considered. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug, and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.