JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
JOB TYPE: Exempt/Full-Time
OPEN DATE: December 16, 2021
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This is a key management position in the development, implementation, and administration of the Financial Management System
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the clinic in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range clinical operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short-range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Interfaces with Human Resources and other departments in preparation of manpower plans, salary, and benefit proposals.
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes clinical financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the clinical.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing clinical operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third-party payor cost reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of WRFCHC.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration OR certification as a public accountant required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with healthcare administration, provider billing practices and healthcare reimbursement methodologies.
- Requires the highest level of problem solving.
- Must be able to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position for which you want to be considered. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug, and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For more job openings with Wind River Cares, click here.