Wind River Basin Weather: Mostly sunny through MLK, Jr. Day; Mountain snow expected
- Ongoing snow event to impact travel across western Wyoming (especially at pass level) through today. Check out latest images at Salt & Teton Passes.
- Meanwhile, strong winds will be the story in southeast Wyoming today. Gusts in excess of 58 mph is expected. Reader Brahim Ouaissa shared this pic from between Laramie and Cheyenne on I-80 this morning.
- A dry period takes shape Saturday through Tuesday, with snow chances returning to the western mountains around the middle of next week.
- The third week of January looks to be trending towards being more active & wetter than normal.
- Snow Water Equivalents have decreased around 5 percent over the past week. Western & northwest Wyoming should keep pace with averages over the next week, with decreases anticipated elsewhere.