#Whatshappening: Live Theatre, Book sale, Opera in HD, Spring Craft Fair and a banquet highlight this weekend
There will be no excuse for anyone to be bored this weekend, just look at all the things to do… Get out there and have some fun!
March 1-15 – Youth Soccer Registration – Lander
Lander Valley Youth Soccer – Spring 2018 – It is time to register for the Spring recreational soccer season! Our goal is for your children to enjoy themselves and learn the basic skills of the game. Registration: Open March 1st to March 15th until 5:00 p.m. ****ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE**** Please go to www.landersoccer.org for registration links. Feel free to contact a board member if you require assistance with the registration process. Your child must be 5 or older by April 9, 2018. Fee: $25 per player. This fee is refunded for parents who coach. Scholarships are available for families who need a little help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
March 9 – Chamber Luncheon – Riverton
The annual luncheon of the Riverton Chamber of Commerce is on tap Friday, March 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Reach Foundation Clubhouse on North Eighth West at Pershing. CWC President Brad Tyndall is the guest speaker. Registration deadline is March 5th. $14 for Chamber members, $17.50 for non-members. For more information call 856-4801.
March 9 – Chamber Awards Luncheon – Lander
The Lander Chamber of Commerce will host the annual Community Awards Luncheon on Friday, March 9, noon-1pm, at the Lander Community & Convention Center, 950 Buena Vista Drive. Help us acknowledge and recognize outstanding individuals and businesses in our community! Please join us for this festive community affair. One ticket is included in all Chamber memberships; additional tickets are available at $30 each (tickets not available at the door). LAST CHANCE TO RSVP! CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR TICKET! Call or stop by the Lander Chamber, 160 N. 1st St., 332-3892.
March 9 – Safety Event – Riverton
A highway safety event sponsored by Injury Prevention Resources and State Farm Insurance is on tap from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds
This weekend, head to the Fairgrounds in Riverton to see what’s new for Wyoming’s great outdoors. For the 9th Annual Outdoor Expo, they’ll have what’s new for 2018. Everything you need to make the most of your outdoor fun. Travel Trailers | Fifth Wheels; ATV’s | UTV’s | Snowmobiles | Motorcycles; Spas | BBQ’s & Grills | Indoor & Outdoor Fire Places | Pellet Stoves and more. Free admission. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
March 9-10 – CWC Theatre – Riverton
You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown plays at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre on the Central Wyoming College campus on Friday and Saturday March 9 and 10 from 7pm – 9pm. 2660 Peck Ave, Riverton, Enjoy wit and charm in this classic Charles Schultz play. 800-865-0190. www.tickets.cwc
March 15 – Business After Hours – Lander
Everyone is invited to Business After Hours on Thurs., March 15, 5:30-7:30 pm, at Altitudes Interior, 333 Main St., Lander.
Come and enjoy good conversation with friends and neighbors, refreshments and hors d’oeuvres. See you There!
March 14 – LEADER Meeting – Lander
The program this month will be Dr. Jeremy Forbis, Superintendent of the Wyoming Life Resource Center. He will give us some of his background along with a talk on the expansion plans for the WLRC. The WLRC has long been an important part of Lander, not only through it’s historical significance but the economic stability it has brought over the years. 7 a.m. back room at the Oxbow Restaurant.
March 15 – Grammy nominee in concert – Lander
Music will include “Irish Rhapsody” by Victor Herbert; The Lord of the Dance, Ronan Hardiman; Concert Overture “Dublin City”; Irish tune from County Derry, Percy A. Grainger; Molly on the Shore, Percy A. Grainger; Far and Away, John Williams.
Mark your calendar. Saturday March 17th 5:30-7:30 at the Pronghorn Lodge’s Monarch Room for the Cornerstone Christian School’s annual Chili Dinner Fund Raiser. Awesome auction items. Desserts will be auctioned every 15 minutes. It’s only $8/person or $25/family so the parents (grandparents, friends, neighbors) don’t worry about making dinner. Load up the family, dine with us and help us raise funds for Lander’s only private school option.
Archaeologist Mike Bies will provide a free public presentation with a brief overview of the rock art found in Maui, Hawaii, plus Wrangell Island and Zarembo Island in Southeast Alaska. The presentation is Tuesday, March 20th at Hudson Town Hall at 7:15 pm. The sites discussed will be locations Bies has visited since his retirement. The imagery from these two sea-going cultures is quite different. The timespan the areas have been occupied by humans is also very different and may be a reason for the differences in imagery. The program is sponsored by the Fremont County Archaeological Society. Students are welcome.
March 23 – Politics of Peace – Riverton
The 3rd annual International Women’s celebration: Poetics of Peace: Artists and Friends of the Wind River. This year’s theme: Honoring and Acknowledging Women’s Work. CWC Inter Tribal Community and Educational Center. 2660 Peck Ave., 307-840-6799, Time: 11-3pm
March 23 – Concert – Dubois
Dave Munsick Concer, 7:00pm – 8:30 pm, 202 N 1st St, Dubois at the Dubois Library. Enjoy an evening with Dave Munsick, songwriter, musician, and teacher. Dave joins us from Sheridan, Wyoming. Bring your friends, enjoy the concert and some light refreshments, and have a fun Friday evening with us! All free! Call the library at (307)455-2992 for more info
March 24 – Craft Show – Lander
The Third Annual Spring Craft Show and Expo Sponsored by World Youth Day is Sat., March 24, 2018, 9AM-3 PM
at Holy Rosary Catholic Church,163 Leedy Drive in Lander in the Boeseke and Knights of Columbus Hall.
Vendors, please contact: Terry Federer, 307-349-0327 or Teresa Federer at 332-9852 or Carol Baron at 332-5129
Ongoing Weekly Events
• Riverton Little League Baseball Registration. This year, parents can register their kids online at this link. Last day to register is March 23rd. Each parent will need to create their own account. By clicking the register tab it takes them to the account screen. From there they will enter all of their basic information. Once that is complete they will be able to “add a player” Each player will automatically be sorted into the right division based on their birth date. Parents will be able to upload birth certificates and agree to waivers right online. Online payment is also possible now.
• Enjoy a real wild mustang horse tour at the Wind River Wild Horse Sanctuary located on the Wind River Indian Reservation between Lander and Fort Washakie. Learn about Native American horse culture at the visitor center’s interpretative display. See life on a real working cattle, horse and sheep ranch. Wild Horse Sanctuary Private Tours will be offered by appointment only during fall, winter, and spring (Sept. 1 through May 31). Regular summer tours are offered Monday-Friday 10am-2pm, and Saturday 11am-2pm. 8616 Hwy. 287 just north of Lander. Contact the Wind River Wild Horse Sanctuary for details. *Fall, Winter, and Spring tours are by appointment only: 307-438-383
• Indoor Farmers Markets – Countywide: Various location offering a variety of locally raised, grown, and baked foods and crafted goods: eggs, fresh milk, locally raised meats, poultry, baked goods, jams, fermented foods, and handmade fine crafts. Riverton
• FREE Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Judo Classes for kids and adults at Wind River Dojo Anyone looking to get in shape, try something new, or learn how to defend themselves should come check out Wind River Dojo. Patrick Hall, a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Brown Belt, and Marcio Barreto, a Judo Brown Belt, are offering FREE classes to both kids and adults at the Lander Air National Guard Armory (31 Leedy Dr.). Classes are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays for anyone 6 years or older. We have both a kids program and an adult program. ANG Armory – 31 Leedy Dr., Lander, WY Mondays & Wednesdays – 5:45 – 7:00 pm Saturdays (except every 2nd Sat.) – 9:00 – 11:00 am
• Dining with Diabetes, every Friday evening, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Shoshoni Senior Center, 214 East 2nd Street.
• Wind River Indian Reservation – Northern Arapaho Cultural Insights: Northern Arapaho Experience Room – A cultural treasure of Arapaho artifacts and artwork open every day. Call in advance for a schedule of Arapaho Elders who share Arapaho language lessons and traditional story telling. Held at the Wind River Hotel & Casino, 10269 Highway 789. Call for times: 307-851-5394.
• Lander – The Fremont County Parkinson’s Support Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at the Lander Senior Center at 2 p.m. after the Parkinson’s Exercise Group. For more information, call the Senior Center at 332-2746, Marjane Ambler at 332-3732, or Carol Harper at 332-2907
• Riverton and Lander – Caregiver support group, first Thursday of each month at Wyoming Senior Citizens, 106 West Adams, 11 to 1; Second Thursday of each month at Frontier Home Health, 230 North 1st Street, 11 to 1, Lunch included. Open to all caregivers
• Lander Junior Flag Football, April 3—May 3, 2018, Tuesdays & Thursdays @ LVHS Football Field, 7:00—8:15 pm. The 1st week will include fundamentals & skill development 7:00—8:00 pm in LVHS Auxiliary Gym. The 2nd week players will be split onto teams and have team practices. Weeks 3-5 will include a rotating game schedule with each team playing one game
per evening lasting roughly 35 minutes. A Registration Fee $30 (payable to Lander Junior Football); any parents interested in
helping contact Coach Rounds at 605-645-7508 or email@example.com. Mail a registration to Coach Rounds, 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander, WY 82520