All newborn babies in Fremont County should have the pleasure of leaving the hospital with an adorable baby hat to warm their heads. Here are a few tips to follow if you would like to donate your time and craftmanship:
- Donated handmade crochet or knit baby hats should be from smoke-free homes
- Pet free homes are sometimes required, if not and you do have a pet, be sure to wash your baby hat before donating
- If you pre-wash your baby hat, wash with unscented detergent and do not use fabric softener
- No pom-poms, buttons, bows or other embellishments that could come off and become choking hazards
- Be sure to securely weave in all ends
- Avoid bulky seams on the inside that can irritate super sensitive baby skin
- Avoid lace and eyelet patterns for infants because their tiny fingers can get stuck in the holes
- Holiday-themed hats are loads of fun!
If that’s you, thank you for contributing your time, and energy and craft to spreading kindness and welcoming a new baby to Fremont County.
Consider donating these hats to your local hospital, SageWest Health Care. You may drop them off at the front entrance of either SageWest campus during regular business hours.