Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence. VOA is a faith-based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families, and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and well-being through a vast array of human services that target the elderly, at-risk youth, those striving to overcome substance abuse, those transiting from correctional centers, veterans, homelessness and more.
The Clinician III provides counseling and education-based treatment for patients in a residential treatment facility based on specific knowledge of substance addiction and related mental health issues.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete social histories, assessments, treatment plans, admission and discharge summaries, and other chart-related documents and correspondence for assigned patients promptly
- Provide individual counseling and facilitate educational and counseling groups as assigned; properly and promptly chart these activities in patient records
- Develop educational and therapeutic curriculum to be utilized in group settings with patients and family members
- Assist patients in understanding and completing therapeutic change objective-driven treatment plans
- Work cooperatively with Patient Navigator/Service Coordinator and other community resources and referral sources to coordinate services to patients Competencies
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Ethical practice
- Highly confidential
- Cool under pressure and crisis
- Empathetic/able to relate to individuals with drug/alcohol addictions
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with our Cultural Values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
This job operates in a residential treatment facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This position would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary, and perform work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; the schedule includes weekend and on-call rotational work.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Counseling or Clinical Social Work from a Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs. (CACREP), Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) or Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program in counseling
- Fully licensed as an LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or LAT through the Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board, or eligible for licensure if current licensure is out-of-state
- Meet qualifications required for a substance abuse professional, clinician or assistant by the State of Wyoming’s Division of Behavioral Health Standards for the Operation of Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse Programs
- Proficient in the use of computer software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Suite and desktop publishing
- Exceptional and demonstrated time management skills to stay organized and meet tight deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
Five years of post-licensure clinical experience, with some of this experience directly related to serving persons with addiction disorders: alcohol, drugs, gambling
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
VOA is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).