A big thank you to this week’s sponsor The Middle Fork for bringing you this content on County 10.
Join us this Saturday for the Lander Valley Farmers Market from 9-11:30 at Lander City Park. You’ll find the freshest food in Fremont County.
This week you’ll find Farmer Fred, Slow Goat Farm, Got Milk Dairy, Mama Bakes Bread, Red Canyon Kombucha, Lander Ice Cream, Dandelion Farm, Speedgoat Coffee Roasting, Spear S Produce, Gold Standard Farms, Riverbank Bathing Co, Raposa Laranja, John Gookins produce, Spice Precise, Tumbleweed Farms, Native Fleece, Mary the Jam Lady, Dog Supplies by William, Vikkilyn’s Crystal Potions, Gerry the cookie guy, The Pop Shop, Yumm Pop, Troy Udel handmade jewelry, Foxworthy Produce, Lydia Dove handmade products and music by John Harris on the piano.
Here’s some Market Tips:
- Bring your own shopping bags. Save a tree, stop the plastic and bring your cloth bags to reduce waste at the market and save the environment.
- Bring small dollar bills. Leave the $100 bill at home and bring smaller change for the smaller purchases. Most items are under $5 and more are just a few dollars. Come prepared. (The vendors thank you for this one.)
- Shop the market first then go to the grocery store. Do you find yourself saying “oh, I just bought eggs and lettuce at the store?” Go to the market first and buy your eggs, greens, cheeses, dairy, bread, etc. then go to the grocery store.
- Keep your dairy fresh. If you plan to make a day of it shopping and being out and about, bring an insulated cooler for your dairy products. Dairy doesn’t like to be in the heat!
- Keep Fido leashed. We all love our pets, but please remember to keep your dog leashed and under control at all time at the market. The market is a safe place for everyone. Help us keep it that way.
THIS CONTENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Jenna Ackerman, owner and chef at The Middle Fork, prepares and serves the best possible food in the most sustainable way. She loves to support the Lander community!
The Middle Fork is open Mon-Sat 7am-2pm • Sun 9am-2pm