Volunteers of America is a staple in Fremont County. Everyone knows the Center of Hope and what it does for the community. The food boxes they provided for those in need during the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic was widely shared in the media. What you don’t know is if you are a veteran in crisis, they can give you the help you need!
Economic hard times hurt many Americans, especially right now, but for men and women who have served in the US military, economic hardship may lead to additional challenges. Our servicemen and women, after multiple tours of duty, some suffering from post-traumatic stress from combat tours, are not easily employed. They face homelessness or imminent homelessness.
Did you know?
- Volunteers of America is committed to serving our nation’s veterans
- Freedom Hall in Sheridan provides transitional housing as well as service coordination for homeless veterans
- Offices in Casper, Cheyenne, Riverton, and Sheridan provide employment services for homeless veterans through the Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides rapid rehousing and homeless prevention for veterans all across Wyoming and Montana.
- The Riverton, Wyoming office provides assistance through both SSVF and HVRP
For veterans experiencing a housing crisis, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is designed to assist with housing stability. Housing is the first step to reintegration into society and to employment. Eligible veterans receive case management and referrals to Veteran Administration (VA) and community resources. For the purpose of securing or maintaining permanent housing, participants may be eligible to receive short term financial assistance.
The SSVF Program provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management, assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services, and financial assistance.
To access the pre-screening form, click here.
We are honored to be able to provide a service to those who have provided a tremendous service for this country. We are committed to helping them rebuild their lives. Volunteers of America
Visit us on Facebook!