A good night’s sleep is closer than you think.
Do you struggle with getting enough sleep? Millions of people do but help is out there. SageWest Health Care – Riverton offers Sleep Lab services and is one of only a few sleep laboratories in the region.
A sleep laboratory is a medical facility for diagnosing and treating patients with sleep disorders. Patients sleep overnight in our laboratory to determine their disorder, its severity, and possible interventions and solutions.
What to Expect:
- The only sure way to determine if you have a sleep disorder is to undergo a polysomnogram in a sleep laboratory.
- The testing consists of a one-night stay at the sleep lab. You will be monitored by computerized polysomnography for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sleep. During this time, you will have many sensors attached to monitor heart rate and rhythm, oxygen levels, movement, EEG (brain waves), eye movements, airflow, respiratory efforts and snoring. Video recording may also be done.
- Once the disorder and its scope are determined, treatment can begin.
- Tests are scheduled on weeknights at 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. Testing ends the following morning at approximately 5 a.m. Unique testing times may be arranged with the sleep lab coordinator.
How to Schedule a Study:
A doctor’s order and diagnosis are required for you to take part in a sleep study at SageWest Health Care. Your personal physician can refer you to us. Bring a list of your symptoms and concerns to your doctor, who will then be able to determine if a sleep study is necessary. If a study is required, appointments may be scheduled by calling 307-857-3539.
Some shocking statistics:
- 50 to 70 million people in the US suffer from one or several sleep disorders
- 25 Million U.S. adults suffer from obstructive sleep apnea
- 4-9% of middle-aged men and 2-4% of women suffer from sleep apnea
- An estimated 10 million people in the United States remain undiagnosed
- 54 Shocking Sleep Statistics and Trends for 2019
A Sleep Lab is considered preventative medicine. People who have used this service and received treatment will tell you how it has changed their lives. There is a simple test used to determine whether or not you may need to be tested. To access the test, click here.
Coffee Talk segment with Melonee and Cindy from SageWest Sleep Lab. A great conversation about sleep and your health.