(Fremont County, WY) – The Shoshone National Forest released today, October 19th, an Environmental Assessment for the Travel Management Planning process for motorized use. With the release of this assessment and all associated documents, a 30-day public comment period begins.
Details of the Environmental Assessment and all maps are located on the Shoshone National Forest website at https://go.usa.gov/xMfQu. Comments on the Environmental Assessment should be submitted in writing via one of the following means:
- send an email to [email protected] with “Shoshone NF Travel Management Planning Project” in the subject line or
- via regular mail to Mark Foster (Environmental Coordinator), Shoshone National Forest, 808 Meadow Lane Avenue, Cody, WY 82414
With the ongoing health concerns related to large gatherings, the Shoshone National Forest will hold virtual public meetings during the first week of November. Additional information on how to attend those meetings will be forthcoming; the schedule will be as follows:
- Clarks Fork, Greybull, and Wapiti Ranger districts – November 2nd at 6:00 pm
- Wind River Ranger District – November 3rd at 6:00 pm
- Washakie Ranger District – November 4th at 6:00 pm
Please contact Public Affairs Officer Kristie Salzmann at [email protected] with any questions concerning these scheduled public meetings.