(Riverton, Wyo.) – Fremont County School District #25 Superintendent Terry Snyder reported to the school board Tuesday night that the district has received full accreditation from the Wyoming Department of Education. The announcement drew applause from the board members and staff present.
In other action at Tuesday’s meeting:
• The Board approved the purchase of a 2018 Dodge 2500 to Fremont Motors in Lander in the amount of $30,729.06 and a 2018 Chevrolet 1500 to Fremont Motors in Riverton in the amount of $31,186.00. Superintendent Terry Snyder said the two purchases mark a change in purchasing philosophy for the district. He said the district usually would purchase a Suburban or Expedition, but opted for the pickup trucks to be able to carry more cargo.
• The Board approved a recommendation to purchase from CPU (Computer Professionals Unlimited) of Casper a total of 220 Chromebooks, licenses and carts in the amount of $51,026.00. Two bids were received. CPU submitted the low bid.
• The Board awarded a contract to Nelson Architects, LLC for the RHS Mezzanine Air Handling Unit Replacements in the amount of $24,700.00.
• Also approved was Change Order No. 1 with Dave’s Asphalt Company on the Ashgrove Bus Loop Pavement Rehabilitation Project in the amount of a decrease of $2,520.00.
• District Business Manager Lu Beecham recommended that the Board accept two grant awards from the University of Wyoming for five staff members to participate in the Utilizing Place Pedagogies to Engage Real-world Watershed Investigations. The grant awards are in the amount of $4,100.00 and $6,150.00. Her recommendation was approved.
• Snyder reported that the district is down 23 students from end of school this past spring. “This is the first comparison numbers for this year. We’re down somewhat to what we had at the end of school last year. It’s a smaller number than we’ve had in previous years,” he said. As of the close of school on September 7th, the district’s student count was 2,425 students compared with the close of school last May at 2,248.