Paid Public Notice by DOWL
Beginning Wednesday, April 29th, and lasting for approximately 8 weeks, residents in Lander will encounter traffic control on 2nd Street as contractor Jerry Bornhoft Construction, Inc. replaces portions of the sanitary sewer main that are too degraded to rehabilitate.
Multiple blocks of 2nd Street will be closed to traffic at a time to protect workers and keep motorists away from open excavations and operating heavy equipment. Detours will be in place to direct traffic around all closures. Work will be performed in the following areas, in no particular order:
- Between the Middle Popo Agie bridge and Cascade Street
- Between Cascade Street and Canyon Street
- Between Canyon Street and Sweetwater Street
- At the intersection of 2nd Street and Amoretti Street
- At the intersection of 2nd Street and Eugene Street
- Between Wood Street and Market Street
- Between Washington Street and Jefferson Street
The dates that the contractor will be in each area will be determined by the contractor’s progress. Periodic updates will be shared on the City of Lander’s Facebook page.
The contractor will notify all residents prior to blocking their access or interrupting their sewer service. Sewer service interruptions will not last longer than eight (8) hours and service will be returned by the end of each day. Access to any house will not be closed for longer than 10 hours at one time and it will be re-established at the end of each day.
Thank you for your patience while this important work is completed to replace our aging infrastructure.