SageWest – Hiring Cook – Lander
SageWest Health Care is currently seeking a qualified Cook to join their team. This position will require you to utilize safe food handling procedures in preparing items for patient trays, salad bar, and serving meals in the dining room. You will be responsible for providing appropriate foods to patients within their modified/therapeutic diet needs and within proper portion control.
The dietary department at SageWest hospital is guided by their desire to uphold the ‘Standards For Healing’ in their every day interactions. “Our supervisor is an excellent example of leading by example and communicates constantly,” explained HR Director, Jennifer Milner. “In a recent employee engagement survey, we saw 100% favorability for Supervisor Support, Teamwork and Safety Climate.”
As a cook at SageWest Lander you will have opportunities for learning and independence. Right off the bat, you will experience transparency and support from your peers and supervisor. A motor vehicle background check may be required depending on job responsibilities.
- Prefer High School Graduate or equivalent
- Prefer training in nutrition services with one-year experience as a Dietary Aide or completion of the Certified Dietary Aide course
- Able to communicate and comprehend accurately and effectively in written and spoken English
- Complete the Charge Position Orientation Checklist within the first three shifts
- Basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply, divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- A commitment to being a hospital team member with service being foremost in responsibilities
- If designated as Transporter, a valid Driver’s License is required
Click here to read a full job description or Apply Online.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran