(Denver, CO) – Acting Regional Forester Tammy Angel, from the USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Region, is seeking nominations for Rocky Mountain Resource Advisory Committee members.
The committee serves 12 counties in Colorado and 5 counties in Wyoming, including: Fremont, Albany, Carbon, Big Horn, and Park.
The National Forests in Wyoming that are represented on the Rocky Mountain Resource Advisory Committee and receive Secure Rural Schools funding include: Medicine-Bow, Bighorn and Shoshone National Forests.
This new committee, to be comprised of fifteen citizens with diverse interests, will function under a formal charter in accordance with the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act and the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
Resource Advisory Committee members must reside within the state in which the committee has jurisdiction. Members serve 4-year terms without pay but may be reimbursed for travel expenses.
Those who are interested in serving on the Rocky Mountain Resource Advisory Committee are invited to submit nominations. Final selections will be vetted and approved by the Secretary of Agriculture.
- Be a resident of Colorado or Wyoming; committee members will vote on projects in both states, regardless of their state of residency
- Identify the interest group they would like to represent and their qualifications to represent that group
- Provide a cover letter stating why they want to serve on the Rocky Mountain Resource Advisory Committee and what they can contribute
- Provide a resume that shows experience working successfully in a collaborative setting and/or in work related to forest management activities
- Complete Form AD-755, Advisory Committee or Research and Promotion Background Information. The AD-755 form can be obtained here.
Each Resource Advisory Committee consists of 15 people representing varied interests and areas of expertise, who work collaboratively to improve working relationships among community members and national forest personnel.
For more information on the committee and member requirements visit click here.