(Powell, WY) – This past weekend at the Northwest College Trapper Rendezvous Forensics Tournament, the Riverton High School (RHS) Speech and Debate was once again well represented, after cumulatively earning 1st place over all divisions present.
Students placed in the following events:
- Kylar Bennet and Hunter McOmie took 2nd place in Policy Debate.
- Tegan Long placed 7th in Congressional Debate.
- Carolyn Thornton claimed 1st in Program Oral Interpretation as well as 1st in Poetic Interpretation and 2nd in Humorous Interpretation.
- Shannon Kreitzer won 1st in Humorous Interpretation and 1st in Dramatic Interpretation.
- Kaia Tippetts earned 1st in Extemporaneous Interpretation and 1st in Duo Interpretation with partner Noah Smith.
- Cody Heard placed 6th in Dramatic Interpretation.
- Sam Houtman secured 3rd in Humorous Interpretation and 2nd place along with Ashtin Griffin in Duo Interpretation.
The team travels to Evanston this upcoming weekend in hopes of continuing their strong season.
The above information was provided to County 10 by the RHS Speech and Debate Team.