Red Cross steps in after Dubois and Lander residents were displaced by fires

    At 10:40 a.m. Monday morning, the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department and firefighters from Crowheart were paged to a report of a chimney fire on South 3rd Street in Dubois.

    According to Dubois firefighters, the fire was “insulation-caused” and did not originate in the chimney as originally thought. There were no injuries in the blaze.

    The Red Cross from Wyoming released a statement letting us know that they are assisting one adult person and one dog that escaped the fire.


    Red Cross is providing assistance to the person involved, possibly including temporary lodging. This is the fourth fire this month that the Red Cross of Wyoming has assisted with. A recent fire in the Lander-area displaced two adults. A fire earlier Monday displaced two adults and four children in Torrington, and on Sunday a fire displaced two adults and three dogs in Casper.

    Senior Disaster Program Manager Cindi Shank gave a “Huge shout-out to our dedicated Disaster Action Team members in Wyoming. This is the fourth house fire today and they were all handled by our wonderful volunteers.  House fires are terrible but especially so this time of year.  Thank you for stepping up and helping our Wyoming residents on one of their worst days.”



    Related Posts

    Have a news tip or an awesome photo to share?