Persuasive eloquence moves the RHS team from the speaker’s podium to atop the winner’s podium
The Riverton High School Speech & Debate team won First Place in 3A Division last weekend at the Worland High School Speech & Debate Tournament. The team also won the coveted Zebra Head trophy for the second year in a row. The Zebra head is given to the team earning the most points per team member.
Among the champions are:
- Nic Fenton placing 2nd in Humor, 1st in Drama and 3rd in Impromptu. For gaining the most points for his team Nic was awarded a Kindle Fire for the second year in a row!
- Kat Tyler placed 6th place in Humor, 3rd place in Drama and 4th in Duet Interpretation.
- Joe Thornton with 4th in Duet Interpretation (with Kat Tyler as his partner.)
- Ella Hauck and Darius Tillman placed 1st in Duet Interpretation as a team.
- Elizabeth Pierson placed 4th in Oratory
- Jay Tyndall progressed to Supers for Congressional Debate.
- Perlene Keller made it to semi-finals Program Oral Interpretation.
Coaches Annette Thornton and Becca Pierson shared their pride of the team’s performances, and are looking forward to leading them this coming weekend in Lander at The Wyoming State High School Forensics Tournament.