(Lander, WY) – The Fremont County Commissioners met on Tuesday, May 4, for their regular meeting.
Public comments on the ongoing ambulance service situation took up a good section of the meeting, yet there was no new bid updates to report.
Also of note, 3 County Commissioner Scholarship recipients were selected, including Cheyenne Thompson from Shoshoni High School, Hadlee Becker from Wind River High School, and Jalee Brown from Riverton High School. Maclean Hellyer, Sadie Wood, and Alona Wilkerson named as first, second, and third alternates, respectively.
The Commissioners’ office has released the following news report from this meeting:
- THE AGRICULTURAL LEASE AGREEMENT WITH DAVE LONG WAS APPROVED, COMMENCING MAY 1, 2021 FOR A FIVE YEAR PERIOD WITH AN ANNUAL PAYMENT OF $12,105.00.
- THE 2021 WILDLAND FIRE MANAGEMENT ANNUAL OPERATING PLAN WAS APPROVED.
- THE BOARD ACCEPTED THE OFFER OF $225,000 FOR THE 130 EUGENE STREET BUILDING, LANDER.
- TWO PROMISSORY NOTES WERE APPROVED FOR THE FREMONT COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM: $176,724.51 FOR THE RIVERTON LIBRARY HVAC PROJECT AND $32,000 FOR THE LANDER LIBRARY BOILER PROJECT.
- THE COMMISSIONERS APPROVED THE PROPOSED THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATION RATES FROM BCBSWY OF $49.05 PLUS CASH FLOW PROTECTION WHICH WOULD EQUAL $51.05 PER EMPLOYEE CONTRACT PER MONTH.
- THE COMMISSIONERS APPROVED RENEWAL OF THE CONTRACT WITH VOYA STOP LOSS CARRIER.
- THE GOLDEN WILLOW SUBDIVISION LOTS 3 & 4 REPLAT WAS APPROVED, WHICH CHANGES THE LOT LINE IN THE SUBDIVISION LOCATED JUST NORTH OF LANDER OFF HIGHWAY 287.
- BUFFALO SUBDIVISION WAS APPROVED, A ONE LOT SIMPLE SUBDIVISION LOCATED JUST NORTH OF RIVERTON ON NORTH 8 TH WEST.
- THREE COUNTY COMMISSIONER SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WERE SELECTED: CHEYENNE THOMPSON (SHOSHONI HIGH SCHOOL); HADLEE BECKER (WIND RIVER HIGH SCHOOL) AND JALEE BROWN (RIVERTON HIGH SCHOOL); WITH MACLEAN HELLYER, SADIE WOOD AND ALONA WILKERSON NAMED AS FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD ALTERNATES, RESPECTIVELY.