(Dubois, WY) – The Dubois Town Council will convene for a regular meeting on Wednesday, September 8th, 7:00 PM, at the Dubois Town Hall.
The meeting is open to the public.
Agenda highlights include a Council Vacancy Determination in regards to Councilmember David Bennett’s resignation, as well as further discussion on the town electric sign proposed by the Wind River Visitor’s Council (WRVC).
The full agenda is below.
- APPROVE AGENDA – Consider approving agenda as presented.
- MINUTES – Consider approving minutes as presented: August 25, 2021
a. Mayor’s Report
b. Council Reports
c. Sheriff’s Office Report
d. Airport Report
e. Fire Department Report
f. Animal Control Report
g. PW Staff Report
h. Town Water Usage Report
i. Planning Commission Report
j. Headwaters Community Arts & Conference Report
k. Forest Service Report
l. Municipal Court Report
m. TAD Report
n. Wind River Visitor’s Council Report
- Council Vacancy Determination – Pursuant to Dubois Town Code 2-5-1 and 2-4-3 – Consider Accepting Councilmember David Bennett’s resignation and determine that a vacancy exists in the Office of the Dubois Town Council.
- Business License Application – Riverside Station, 414 Miller Lane – Consider taking the subject off the table. Per the applicants the application is rescinded.
- Temporary Catering Permits – Consider approving Temporary Catering Permits: Rustic Pine Tavern – Susan K. Black Kick-Off Party, 9/12/21 – 4:00PM-8:00PM, Headwaters Rustic Pine Tavern – Susan K. Black Auction, 9/16/21 – 5:00PM-10:00PM, Headwaters.
- Wind River Visitor’s Council (WRVC) – As discussed at the August 28, 2021 council meeting WRVC would like to offer Town of Dubois a sign not to exceed $40K including installation. The sign is to be used for COVID communications but can also be used for advertising local events. The Town of Dubois is responsible for electrical connections, future electricity costs, operation, and maintenance. Mayor Meyer has located a proposed location at the Sawmill Site which does have electricity in the area. The estimated costs from High Plains Power for electrical connection is approximately $6,000.00 and estimated costs from Western Electric to connect the sign is $1,300.00. These costs qualify for TAD funding. Consider approving and authorizing Mayor Meyer to accept the sign from the WRVC contingent on approval of a TAD grant to cover costs for the electrical installation.
- Resolution No. 21-026 A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE SUBMISSION OF AND AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO SIGN A TOURISM ASSET DEVELOPMENT (TAD) 2021 GRANT APPLICATION FOR INSTALLATION AND SET UP OF ELECTRICAL SERVICES AT THE FORMER SAWMILL PROPERTY FOR AN ELECTRICAL SIGN TO BE PROVIDED BY THE WIND RIVER VISITOR’S COUNCIL (WRVC) – Consider approving Resolution No. 21-026.
- TAD Grant – Town of Dubois – Consider approving and authorizing a TAD Grant application from the Town of Dubois for costs to install electric service for a sign to be placed at the Sawmill Site in the amount of $8,000.00 as recommended by Destination Dubois.
- Wyoming Energy Authority – Dennison Lodge Energy Retrofit – Amendment One – Consider approving and authorizing Mayor Meyer to sign Amendment One to the contract agreement with the Wyoming Energy Authority extending term of the contract through September 30, 2021.
- Airport Fly-In Event – 2nd Saturday in August of each year – Pursuant to the discussion during the regular meeting of August 25, 2021, consider approving the recommendation of the Dubois Airport Board to hold the annual Dubois Municipal Airport Fly-In Event the second Saturday in August of each year.
- Accounts Payable – Consider approving Accounts Payable list dated September 3, 2021.
- TAD Funds Payables – Consider approving TAD Fund payments dated September 3, 2021.
Executive Session – If needed