The Mullen Fire west of Laramie continues to expand at a fairly rapid rate, and additional 10,000 acres have been added since our last update yesterday, September 25th. The total size is now 35,810 acres and holds steady at only 2% contained, according to the latest InciWeb update.
Shared below are the latest updates that have been shared by the Incident Command Team. There are links shared at the bottom of this post to find the most up-to-date information as things can change very quickly.
As of today, the following roads are closed near the Mullen Fire:
- WYO 11 between the WYO 130 interchange and the town of Albany.
- WYO 10 near Jelm (between WYO 230 near Woods Landing and the CO state line. CO folks – CO 103 is closed once it crosses into WY)
- WYO 230 between the Colorado state line and Woods Landing (CO folks: CO 127 closes once it crosses into WY)
Additional mandatory evacuations have been issued to include:
- Foxborough community
- Fox Park to Albany South through the valley to Fox Creek Road, including areas west of Hwy 11.
- Middle Fork Canyon
- Woods Landing Corridor
- Lake Creek community
- Rambler community
- Rob Roy community
- Keystone communities: Keystone proper, lower Keystone, Langford/Ricker, Moore’s Gulch, and 507C cabin grouping
Pre-evacuations now include:
- Properties in the Forest closure
- Private land along Fox Creek Road
- Albany and Centennial, extending northwest along Highway 130
- All areas west of Highway 11 in the valley.
Additional information on evacuation areas, closures, fire weather and more can be found on the Mullen Fire Incident page by clicking here.
Updates are also shared to the Mullen Fire Information Facebook page.