Schools across Wyoming are not only dealing with the normal challenges of back-to-school, they’re working around a pandemic.
Both Riverton High School and Lander Valley High School shared plans today about their upcoming weekend of activities.
LANDER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL:
- Volleyball: Varsity volleyball will be invite only and limited to 250 spectators. Sub varsity and LMS matches will be general admission. However we do ask that you only watch the match you came to see and then leave. The gym will be cleared between matches.
- Swimming: Swimming will be limited to 54 spectators by invitation only.
- Football: Football will be limited to 1,000 spectators.
- All fans will be screened at the entry for COVID symptoms.
- Masks are required when spectators can’t be socially distant; this could include in the stands, walking to/from seats, restrooms, concession stand lines, etc.
RIVERTON HIGH SCHOOL:
- Friday night Riverton will host Powell for volleyball; we will be able to accommodate 180 home spectators. We are asking that parents/family attend the level their athlete plays only. This will help us not exceed the health orders. All spectators will need to enter through door A (the front of the school).
- Football travels to Powell and we are not expecting any restrictions.
- Swimming is hosting on Saturday and we can accommodate 20 home parents/family members.
- Cross Country runs in Green River.
If you’d like to add more information to the activities list or have details from another Fremont County school, let us know! [email protected]
- Spectators up to 9th Grade cannot attend contests at either LMS or LVHS without their parent/guardian and they must remain in the bleachers with their parent/guardian during the contest.