A big thank you to our sponsor Wyoming Community Bank for bringing you this content on County 10.
Lander Valley Farmers Market, City Park, 9-11:30 a.m.
There’s a lot of reasons to support your local Farmers Market. Here’s just a few!
1. Eat Real Food. Enjoy the freshest food around. Taste fruits that have ripened on the trees, vegetables picked that morning with organic and non-GMO options.
2. Eat with the Season. Reconnect with nature and eat when the food is ripe and fresh. Look for tomatoes and sweet corn in August and raspberries in September.
3. Save the Environment. Did you know that food travels an average of 1,500 miles to get to your kitchen? Farmers Market produce doesn’t have far to go to from the farm to your table. There’s less use of fossil fuels and packaging. Help even more and bring your own reusable bags when you shop. Return egg cartons and glass jars. Bring your own containers to protect berries and delicate produce.
4. Learn Cooking Tips and Recipes. Are you new to eggplant or lamb? Ask the vendor and they will give you great ideas on how to cook that roast or suggest a recipe for ratatouille.
5. Connect with Your Community. No artificial lights at the farmers market! Just lots of sunshine and other happy people out shopping and supporting all that is local and good.
Meet us at the market Saturday at Lander City Park from 9-11:30 am. This week you’ll find peppers, tomatoes, and sweet corn!
Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/landervalleyfarmersmarket
and Instagram www.instagram.com/landervalleyfarmersmarket.