Lander receives nearly $500K for pathways to Gannett Peak School

The City of Lander recently received a WYDOT Transportation Alternative Program Grant to improve pathways to Gannett Peak School. This is the first of 6 phases for Lander’s motorized transportation plan and safe routes to schools.

The amount received for phase one is $499,716 which will cover 80% of the estimated design and construction costs for installing sidewalks and flashing beacons around the school, according to the City of Lander. The remaining 20% (estimated to be $124,929) will be matched with 1% option Fix Our Road Tax.

The grant application was based on the completion of the April 2020 Safe Routes to School study.

Advertisement

The picture shared above is from that study and identifies the unsafe conditions around Gannett Peak.

Construction for this phase one will be completed prior to June 1st, 2021, according to the City of Lander.

Since the maximum amount of WYDOT Transportation Alternative Program Grant is $500,000, the City of Lander will submit applications for the subsequent phases.

You can see the April 2020 Safe Routes to School study on the City of Lander’s website found here.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Related Posts

Have a news tip or an awesome photo to share?