Website Wind River Transportation Authority
Wind River Transportation Authority Governed by the Fremont County Association of Governments
Position: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: $60,000-$90,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Wyoming Retirement System, MASA Life Flight, Teladoc, Delta Dental, Vision Service Plan (VSP) and AFLAC. Position also includes vacation leave, sick leave and holiday pay. Medical stipend available.
Applications must include a WRTA application completed in Microsoft Word (found at www.gowrta.com), a resume and references.
Applications must be delivered by mail or in person by 3:00 p.m., September 27th, 2023. Applications shall be sent to:
2554 Airport Drive
Riverton, Wyoming 82501
Questions may be directed to: Gary Michaud, WRTA 307-856-7118
The WRTA Manager directs all aspects of managing Fremont County’s public transit organization. The annual budget is $1.7 million and includes use of federal funding and local ½% economic development taxes. To maintain public trust, funds must be utilized efficiently and wisely. An enjoyable team working atmosphere is established with employees.
Experience and Qualifications
Valid Wyoming Driver’s License; Class B CDL a major plus; No major traffic violations in past 3 years
High School Graduate or GED or equivalent; Business degree a plus
3 years’ experience business management; Supervisory experience required; Experience in public transit operations and finance a plus
3 years’ experience with grants writing and administration, financial reports and budgets; bookkeeping experience a plus
Proven ability to learn and utilize new computer programs. Ability to use computers and work in computer programs such as: Microsoft applications including Word and Excel; experience in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time a plus;
Ability to multi-task.
Successful applicant must pass background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Successful applicant will manage/supervise all business aspects for the Wind River Transportation Authority. This includes day-to-day operations, bookkeeping, grant administration, maintenance, marketing and financial monitoring.
- Must be able to manage team effectively and navigate urgent events. Ability to solve challenges. Planning, organizing and directing staff to ensure work and tasks are completed.
- Passionately serve the transportation needs of Fremont County. This transit service includes the following services: fixed routes, demand service and charter service. The WRTA proudly serves the public of Fremont County. Examples of clients include: United States Military Veterans, disabled residents, senior citizens, low-income residents, and residents of the Wind River Indian Reservation.
- Effectively lead a team of 15-20 employees including: operations, drivers, mechanic, bookkeeping and maintenance.
- Provide superior customer service skills
- Monitor WRTA ridership and organize routes accordingly. Prepare and submit operating/capital/planning grants. Administrate grants and operations.
- Coordinates with bookkeeping and FCAG Director to develop annual budget/objectives and design/implement long-range plans.
- Manage operations as required by local, state and federal requirements
- Present a superior work ethic, dress professionally and be punctual.
- Position is 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Managerial responsibilities include working additional hours as needed to complete tasks and service. Perform driver duties occasionally as needed.
- Successful applicant is required to work on-site at the WRTA office, have reliable transportation and ability to drive to and from work. This requirement includes driving in inclement weather.
- Any other duties as necessary for managing the WRTA or assigned.
Physical activity includes, but are not limited to: on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time; board and disembark from transit vehicles in a field environment, move safely through vehicle shop and maintenance areas, intermittently twist and reach office equipment; write or use keyboard to communicate through written means; lift moderate weight; reaching above the waist, reaching below the waist, and reaching waist to shoulder to reach inventory on shelves; talking and hearing when dealing with customers; and observation of transit projects and operations during field work. Lifting luggage for passengers and objects in office/maintenance shop.
Successful applicants will undergo a 90-day probationary period for performance.
The WRTA does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit www.gowrta.com.