Website High Plains Power, Inc
Job Title: Work Order Clerk
Location: Riverton, WY
Job Type: Full Time
Open Date: 11/17/2023
Closing Date: 12/01/2023
The Work Order Clerk maintains all records concerning work order and purchase order information and continuing property records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a continuing asset property record system. Receives, maintains, and closes work orders. Records labor, material, overhead, and other costs charged on individual work order construction record sheets, verifies accurate coding of work orders.
- Prepares work order audits to check actual costs against estimated costs on new construction jobs.
- Reports all Cooperative activities affecting work orders and material inventories to the Operations Support Supervisor. Assists with audit of all work orders for the reporting period.
- Monitor accuracy of assembly units; ensuring units are correct and up to date, revises inaccurate pick tickets and replaces with correct pick tickets. Audit the labor times and create groups within electronic system for full estimation process for staking.
- Handles all non-utility related miscellaneous receivables, except rebates, to include billing, interest, statements, closing, refunds, and questions. Bill and track all invoices for damage to cooperative property, work with law enforcement and reports to insurance companies.
- Reviews and posts inventory check-in and check-out from electronic pick sheets. Identify common processes and errors to help train work crews to establish best practices.
- Enter tool requisitions from the work crews then forward to Operations Support Supervisor for purchasing. Track budgeted tool repairs and new tool purchases.
- Ensure tax codes are accurate for tax districts for property tax reporting.
- Complete monthly reporting to include new plant by tax district, open work orders, other work plan items, new services, etc. Assist in the work plan budgeting process, annual audit, and year end reporting.
- May assist with service orders under the direction of the Operations Support Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED/HISET; one to three years of inventory, work order and/or purchase order experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sedentary work requiring exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. Occasionally required to move objects generally weighing 10 pounds or less. Job requires being in a stationary position most of the time. Requires repetitive motions such as dialing and keyboarding. Must be able to use office equipment such as a copier, computer and printer. Normally have regular hours of work with irregular volume of activity. Some overtime may be required.
- FSLA: Non-Exempt
- High Plains Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acts in accordance with ADA, reasonably accommodating qualified applicants with disabilities.
- Eligible applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be notified. Transcripts of relevant coursework, degrees, and/or vocational or technical education will be required upon interview.
- Successful applicants must pass a background/reference check, medical assessment, and drug test before hire.
- High Plains Power is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing while employed.
- High Plains Power offers a competitive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability; 401k Pension Plan, Retirement Security Plan, paid holidays, PTO, and tuition reimbursement program.
To apply for this job please visit highplainspower.org.