**This position is open until filled with an initial review date of June 30, 2022, please attach a current resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list “see attachment” in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call 307-855-2112. **
*This position is not eligible for remote work and the candidate selected will need to reside within commuting distance of Riverton, WY. In addition, this position is eligible for a recruitment and retention bonus of $11,389 per year upon successful completion of the fiscal year.
The Senior Technician Information Security is primarily responsible for advising the CIO on the design of the comprehensive information security program for the college as well as being primarily responsible for its implementation and administration, ensuring the college mission and vision are implemented within the confines of information security compliance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively with the CIO and other college personnel, design the college’s information security strategies and defenses into a comprehensive compliant information security program based on best practices.
- Primarily responsible for implementing, administering and managing the information security program.
- Administering user training programs including phishing testing.
- Administering compliance management software, to initially get CWC to NIST and PCI compliance as soon as possible upon hire, and then maintain compliance. Continue to maintain compliance with FERPA, GLBA, GDPR, HIPPA and other requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining documentation of business processes for the OCIO as required for compliance and auditing and in consultation with the two IT governance committees.
- Primarily supporting and managing the college’s redundant firewall systems, internal security scanning, and contracts for annual external penetration scanning and other best practices testing college defenses.
- In conjunction with other OCIO personnel, conducting user account audits on all major systems, including student and staff accounts in AD, and staff access to FERPA protected data stores including Ellucian Colleague and its associated reporting tools, ImageNow, LMS and user authentication systems (MyCENTRAL portal and MFA).
- Actively managing and monitoring the security of CWC’s network and server farm using appropriate tools (such as a SIEM solution) to identify and mitigate possible security breaches as quickly as possible.
- In conjunction with other OCIO personnel, participate in network design meetings and conduct network access audits to ensure a properly segmented CWC LAN and WAN.
- Participates in IT management decisions including maintenance of IT standards, advising software and hardware configurations, network infrastructure installations, and enterprise services.
- Provides the CIO budget recommendations for the information security program.
- Serves on campus committees, ensuring communication between departments regarding IT issues.
- Serves as the acting CIO in his/her absence as assigned and provides backup support to other IT staff as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
- Three years of related experience
- CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) / GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Entry-level Technician (PCCET) and within three years of employment Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Prior supervisory experience
- Prior experience in a higher education setting
- Additional industry-recognized certifications in information security. g., Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP). Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of information security best practices and compliance requirements for institutions of higher education in the United States
- Working knowledge of server and microcomputer hardware and software
- Working knowledge of computer networks and networking
- Knowledge of and ability to follow CWC Policies and Procedures
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to advocate for security compliance across all college communities
- Ability to relate in a professional, helpful manner in person and over the phone
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team effort
Level of Supervision
Work is performed under limited supervision.
- Equipment Used
- Personal computer, telephone, copier, standard computer networking tools
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, and light lifting. Regular talking, hearing, and seeing are required in the normal course of performing the job. Common eye, hand, and finger dexterity is required to perform some essential functions.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in an office, classroom, or laboratory setting.
- Remote Work: This position may be authorized for partial remote work by the college
- This position is eligible for Recruitment and Retention incentives under the college’s standard practice.
- Must reside within daily commute distance from Riverton, Wyoming
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Salary Range: $51,597.00 – $58,047.00