Website Fremont County Association of Governments
Position: 20 hours per week, contract
Compensation: $30/hr – 40/hr depending on experience and qualifications
Position Description: Contract
Applications must include a resume and references.
Applications must be delivered by mail or in person by 3:00 p.m., September 27th, 2023.
Applications should be sent to:
2554 Airport Drive
Riverton, Wyoming 82501
Questions can be directed to Gary Michaud at 307-856-7118.
The FCAG Administrator manages three core areas:
- FCAG Administration and Operations
- Supervises WRTA Manager
- Supervises Fremont County CSBG Coordinator
The position will also write and administrate grants for local governments as directed by the FCAG board.
Experience and Qualifications
- Valid Wyoming Driver’s License
- High School Graduate or GED or equivalent; Business degree a plus
- 3 years’ experience business management; Supervisory experience required; Experience in public works and finance a plus
- 3 years’ experience with grants writing and administration, financial reports and budgets; bookkeeping experience a plus
- Proven ability to learn and utilize new computer programs. Ability to use computers and work in computer programs such as: Microsoft applications including Word and Excel; experience in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time a plus
- Ability to multi-task and history of public service
- Knowledge of local governments
- Successful applicant must pass background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Successful applicant will administrate all aspects for the Fremont County Association of Governments
- Must be able to manage team effectively and navigate urgent events. Ability to solve challenges. Planning, organizing and directing staff to ensure work and tasks are completed
- Passion to serve Fremont County
- Work with a board of 7 local governments to serve cities/towns/county as needed
- Coordinate meetings, record minutes, develop FCAG budget, coordinate audit information, complete tasks as required by state law.
- Excellent at maintaining records
- Work with bookkeeper to ensure financial documents are recorded and maintained according to government requirements
- Manage special projects and write/administrate grants as directed by board.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and media
- Provide superior customer service skills
- Supervise WRTA and Fremont County Community Service Block Grant Programs to ensure programs are managed effectively and according for federal regulations.
- Coordinate budgets and financial recording between FCAG, WRTA and CSBG
- Works with bookkeeping and FCAG Board to develop annual budget/objectives and design/implement long-range plans.
- Manage operations as required by local, state and federal requirements
- Present a superior work ethic, dress professionally and be punctual
- Hours worked with be determined by board meetings and time needed to complete tasks
- Any other duties as necessary for managing the FCAG or assigned duties.
Physical activity includes, but are not limited to: on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time; board and disembark from transit vehicles in a field environment, move safely through work areas, intermittently twist and reach office equipment; write or use keyboard to communicate through written means; lift moderate weight; reaching above the waist, reaching below the waist, and reaching waist to shoulder to reach inventory on shelves; and talking and hearing when dealing with customers.
Successful applicants will undergo a 90-day probationary period for performance.
The FCAG does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or genetics.
To apply for this job email your details to FCAGovts@gmail.com