Volunteers of America Northern Rockies would like to take this time to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday Season! It’s been a rough year all around but the end is in sight. VOA would like to say thank you to all who have volunteered their time to make someone else’s life a little easier this year. After all, that is one of the most important things we can do this time of year and year-round.
“To compassionately serve and strengthen individuals by empowering them to build healthy and happy lives.”
Our faith-based organization is guided by professional staff and committed volunteers who create strong families and thriving communities through progressive holistic programs by
lending a hand up, not a handout.
Economic hard times hurt many Americans, especially right now, but for men and women who have served in the US military, economic hardship may lead to additional challenges. Our servicemen and women, after multiple tours of duty, some suffering from post-traumatic stress from combat tours, are not easily employed. They face homelessness or imminent homelessness.
Do you know a veteran who is in need of help this Christmas? Let them know that help is out there!
Did you know?
- Volunteers of America is committed to serving our nation’s veterans
- Freedom Hall in Sheridan provides transitional housing as well as service coordination for homeless veterans
- Offices in Casper, Cheyenne, Riverton, and Sheridan provide employment services for homeless veterans through the Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides rapid rehousing and homeless prevention for veterans all across Wyoming and Montana.
- The Riverton, Wyoming office provides assistance through both SSVF and HVRP
For veterans experiencing a housing crisis, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is designed to assist with housing stability. Housing is the first step to reintegration into society and to employment. Eligible veterans receive case management and referrals to Veteran Administration (VA) and community resources. For the purpose of securing or maintaining permanent housing, participants may be eligible to receive short term financial assistance.
The SSVF Program provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management, assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services, and financial assistance.
To access the pre-screening form, click here.
We are honored to be able to provide a service to those who have provided a tremendous service for this country. We are committed to helping them rebuild their lives. – VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA
Visit us on Facebook!