Economic hard times hurt many Americans, especially right now, but for men and women who have served in the US military, economic hardship may lead to additional challenges. Our servicemen and women, after multiple tours of duty, some suffering from post-traumatic stress from combat tours, are not easily employed. They face homelessness or imminent homelessness.
Volunteers of America, Northern Rockies are actively committed to serving our nation’s Veterans, with statewide programs in Montana and Wyoming. One of the biggest resources is Supportive Services for Veteran Families. Not only do they assist with finding housing for Vets but they work on addressing all of the issues that may be affecting the situation. Mental Health, drug or alcohol dependence, PTSD, the list goes on. They must approach the problems creating homelessness.
Watch the video below to see how some of these methods come into play. If you are a Veteran in need, you too can get the help you need to be successful!
Did you know?
- Volunteers of America is committed to serving our nation’s veterans
- Freedom Hall in Sheridan provides transitional housing as well as service coordination for homeless veterans
- Offices in Casper, Cheyenne, Riverton, and Sheridan provide employment services for homeless veterans through the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides rapid rehousing and homeless prevention for veterans all across Wyoming and Montana.
- The Riverton, Wyoming office provides assistance through both SSVF and HVRP
For veterans experiencing a housing crisis, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is designed to assist with housing stability. Housing is the first step to reintegration into society and to employment. Eligible veterans receive case management and referrals to Veteran Administration (VA) and community resources. For the purpose of securing or maintaining permanent housing, participants may be eligible to receive short-term financial assistance.
The SSVF Program provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management, assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services, and financial assistance.
To access the pre-screening form, click here.
We are honored to be able to provide a service to those who have provided a tremendous service to this country. We are committed to helping them rebuild their lives. Volunteers of America
Visit us on Facebook!