(Lander, WY) – It was announced at the October 26th Lander City Council meeting that October 30th and 31st have officially been proclaimed as “Safe Halloween” days.
The Mayoral Proclamation reads as follows:
“WHEREAS, Don Stough Post 31, The American Legion and the City of Lander support safe and fun activities for local youth; and
“WHEREAS, October 31 is regularly celebrated in Lander as Halloween where children of all ages dress in costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating throughout town.
“NOW THEREFORE, I hereby proclaim Saturday, October 30 and Sunday, October 31 2021 as Safe Halloween and urge the following precautions to keep our children safe:
- “Children should wear light-colored costumes decorated with reflective tape and avoid mass for better visibility; and
- “Participants should observe the basic pedestrian safety rules of the National Safety Council AND use flashlights after dark; and
- “Children should show parents all treats before eating them; and
- “Parents should accompany their children during trick-or-treating activities between the times of 3:00 PM and 7:30 PM, visiting only well-lit homes or businesses; and
- “Motorists should use extreme caution when driving.
“We are issuing a special warning to all children to ALWAYS avoid strangers or getting in vehicles with strangers.“