(Riverton, WY) – The Riverton Police Department (RPD) has released the following information concerning the shooting that occurred yesterday, April 26th, in Riverton.
The nature of the incident was listed as “STAB/GUNSHOT,” was reported at 1:50 PM, and occurred on the 600 block of Edith St.
The release goes on to state:
“The information is being released to counter social media narratives which are suggesting “there is a danger to the public”. This was not an active shooter situation and was not random. There is no immediate threat to the public.”
- THIS INCIDENT IS UNDER INVESTIGATION;
- THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE THREAT TO THE PUBLIC;
- THIS WAS NOT A RANDOM INCIDENT;
- VICTIM AND SUSPECT KNEW EACH OTHER;
- VICTIM IN STABLE CONDITION;
- NO LIFE THREATENING INJURIES.
County 10 will release more information once it becomes available.